Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 1999 18:12:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Shawn Kelly O Shea <booga@connix.com>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How about netboot?

I havent actually had FreeBSD/alpha installed yet, so I didnt know there
was a /boot/netboot. I grabbed it out of the install bin.?? set w/ tar and
tried the netboot. The FreeBSD/alpha SRM loader comes up, and this seems
to load the NetBSD/alpha netboot install. I say this, because it complains
that "boot: boot device name does not contain ethernet address" and goes
on to tell you that in the NetBSD/alpha distro you can code the enet addr
into the image w/ the setnetbootinfo command. I checked out FreeBSD bin.??
set again and didnt see this, so I'll have to grab it from NetBSD, see if
I can run it on my AlphaServer 300 (another alpha i have running RedHat5.2
right now) and go from there.
-Shawn