Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 2003 15:56:23 -0500
From:      Andrew Y Ng <ayn@AndrewNg.com>
To:        peter andrus <peteandrus@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: a question

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx

I setup FreeBSD dual-boot on my dad's machine with a Samsung 170 flat panel
and it worked just fine. Just make sure you specify the right sync
frequencies in your XFree86 config file. and KDE looked *NICE* on the 17"
flat panel.

i think 5.0 has nv driver. I think just used the nv driver for his nv pci
card and it worked quite well.

/ayn

On  0, peter andrus <peteandrus@hotmail.com> wrote:
> hi, i just bought a brand new system. I want to set it up as a dual boot=
=20
> system with XP and FreeBSD. I would like to know where I can get an updat=
ed=20
> list of supported hardware,especially flat panel monitors. I have a samsu=
ng=20
> syncmaster 170MP, and I want to know if it is supported. also, i am curio=
us=20
> about my nvidia video card. thanks peter
>=20

--=20
andrew y ng  <ayn@andrewng.com>  http://andrewng.com
independent computer consultants http://aynassociates.com