Date:      Thu, 8 May 2003 19:43:29 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: /usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 01:28:23PM -0400, stan wrote:
> The make.conf man page refers me to /usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf for
> examples of possible CPUTYPE flags, but I have checked 2 of my machines
> (one installed less than 2 weeks agao), and I can't find this file. This
> leads to 2 questiosn:
>
> 1. Am I doing somethign wrong that's preventing creation of this file?

No, I think the man page is wrong; at least if you are running 4.x.
In 4.x the file you want to look at is /etc/defaults/make.conf.
In -current this file has been moved to
/usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf so unless you are indeed running 5.x
the file /usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf shouldn't exist.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson