Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 19:35:25 -0600
From:      Christopher Farley <chris@northernbrewer.com>
To:        Paul Andrews <andrews@powersurfr.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache Ports

Paul Andrews (andrews@powersurfr.com) wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what the difference between the several apache ports
> are and which would be best to install.
>
> These are the ports available:
> apache-jserv
Running Java Servlets? Install the above

> apache13
Plain jane vanilla apache1.3

> apache13+ipv6
If you exist on an ipv6 network, install the above.

> apache13-fp
Apache with Microsoft FrontPage extensions.

> apache13-modssl
> apache13-ssl
Both of the above will allow you to run an https SSL server.

By and large, if you install apache1.3 with no extra modules, you can
always add them later. If you know you need them right away, you have
the luxury of installing a port.

--
Christopher Farley
Northern Brewer / 1150 Grand Avenue / St. Paul, MN 55105