Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 2002 02:06:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      <jkoshy@FreeBSD.org>
To:        rgoellner@gmx.de, jkoshy@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/38078: ports/net/ymessenger needs the old gettext library

Synopsis: ports/net/ymessenger needs the old gettext library

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: jkoshy
State-Changed-When: Fri Jun 14 01:43:10 PDT 2002
State-Changed-Why:
I have applied a [work-around] patch that edits the binary in place.

This is clearly a hack: recompiling ymessenger would be the best option.
However, this option is not in our hands as Y! does not release the sources
to this client.

Another option would be to have a "ports-compat" distribution which
could install "libintl.so.1" and other such libraries into
"/usr/local/compat".