Date:      Sun, 2 Jul 2000 23:23:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kelly Yancey <kbyanc@posi.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Odd human intervention question

  I've run into a strange problem while creating a new port that I hope
someone can help me with. I've got a patch that I download from a remote site
which contains patches to 7 files. However, the 7th file doesn't exist (nor
should it...that's OK). So, I was going to use PATCH_DIST_ARGS to explicitely
skip the 7th file using -S. The problem is that due to a bug in patch (PR
19638), patch asks "File to patch:" and waits for human intervention (it turns
out that it doesn't matter what they type, just something, and then patch(1)
will skip that patch).
  So the question is: what do I do? Even if the PR is closed tomorrow, it'll
only be for -current and maybe MFC'ed to -stable (it's a pretty simple patch,
so I should think so). I still need a solution that works for everyone with
the still-broken patch(1).

  Thanks for your help,

  Kelly

--