Date:      Mon, 30 Jul 2001 12:19:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
Cc:        "Peter C. Lai" <sirmoo@cowbert.2y.net>, Jeroen Massar <jeroen@unfix.org>, "'Garance A Drosihn'" <drosih@rpi.edu>, "'Matt Dillon'" <dillon@earth.backplane.com>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG, "'Garrett Wollman'" <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>, brian@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Changes to utmp, wtmp & lastlog entries

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group wrote:
> write to utmp/wtmp & utmpx/wtmpx need to be aware of any changes, hence
> applications that once were portable are now not.  It is my hope that
> we avoid the Solaris 8 type of mess when overhauling utmp/wtmp.

Except that the Krb5/Solaris 8 interaction is actually a Solaris 8 libc
bug.  It has nothing to do with Krb5 (except that Krb5 makes use of a
public interface that just happens to have issues.)

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |