Date:      Sat, 29 May 2004 11:04:01 +0100
From:      Edd <list@arameus.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ive really broken my cvs repository!

Hi there,
One day I was playing with branches to see how they worked etc. I was
going to delete the branches afterwards, but forgot. Many commits later
(to default branch). I realise that I forgot to delete them. And
stupidly did a cvs tag -dB on them. Next day I do a cvs up:

-bash-2.05b$ cvs up
cvs update: Updating .
cvs update: LICENCE.TXT is no longer in the repository
cvs update: README is no longer in the repository
cvs update: index.php is no longer in the repository
cvs update: loader.php is no longer in the repository
cvs update: login.php is no longer in the repository
cvs update: Updating classes
cvs update: classes/arax.php is no longer in the repository
cvs update: classes/auth.php is no longer in the repository
cvs update: Updating conf
cvs update: conf/mysql.php-dist is no longer in the repository
cvs update: Updating css
cvs update: css/dbm.css is no longer in the repository
cvs update: Updating images
cvs update: Updating modules
cvs update: modules/changePass.php is no longer in the repository
cvs update: modules/denied.php is no longer in the repository
cvs update: modules/gigAdmin.php is no longer in the repository
cvs update: modules/groupAdmin.php is no longer in the repository
cvs update: modules/imageView.php is no longer in the repository
cvs update: modules/linkAdmin.php is no longer in the repository
cvs update: modules/logout.php is no longer in the repository
cvs update: modules/mailShot.php is no longer in the repository
cvs update: modules/menu.php is no longer in the repository
cvs update: modules/newsAdmin.php is no longer in the repository
cvs update: modules/settings.php is no longer in the repository
cvs update: Updating share
cvs update: share/dump.sql is no longer in the repository

interesting. So i think no its okay. i can do a cvs up -f. Which I did
and all of my other files did return to my sandbox, but I just can not
commit them. Due to up-to-date check. I have tried forcing with -f, but
still it wont have it.

Please could someone help me out of this sticky situation?

Thanks!