Date:      Thu,  8 Feb 2007 11:18:48 +0100
From:      garcol@postino.it
To:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Subject:   6.x, 4.x ipfw/dummynet pf/altq - network performance issues

Hi,
       I think you can try to check/tuning this sysctl variables and the isr
related variables:

net.inet.ip.intr_queue_maxlen
net.inet.ip.intr_queue_drops

net.isr.enable   ... try to set
net.isr.directed
net.isr.queued
net.isr.drop

and polling configuration:

kern.clockrate

kern.polling.burst_max
....  increase for high rate of small packets on GE

Alessandro