Date:      Thu, 12 Nov 1998 09:39:20 +0100 (MET)
From:      Willem Jan  Withagen <wjw@surf.IAE.nl>
To:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   VPN, an off topic question

Hi,

I'm looking for software which will let me create a VPN over open
infrastructure, eg. cable, post, isdn, ...

What I'd like is an extra layer on the TCP/IP stack for win'95 systems,
which would give the client a second IP-number for access to the inarts of
the company LAN. This would be through an encrypted tunnel over the already
build public IP connection.

Termination would be on a VPN-server on the company LAN, or at the firewall.
I could be a NT-system, but prefably a FreeBSD (Linux) box.

I'd prefer it on a seperate server, since I believe in keeping functions
apart, and I'd rather not combina a VPN-encryption server and a firewall.

  -	Does anybody use commecial software which can do this?

Thanx,
--Willem Jan
--
Internet Access Eindhoven BV.,  voice: +31-40-2 393 393, data: +31-40-2 606 606
P.O. 928, 5600 AX Eindhoven, The Netherlands