Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2006 12:07:32 +0400
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
To:        Bachilo Dmitry <root@solink.ru>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: buildworld fails

--9dgjiU4MmWPVapMU

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 02:23:37PM +0700, Bachilo Dmitry wrote:
> I just tried to buildworld to upgrade another server from 5.5 to 6.1, but=
=20
> while it went absolutely fine yet, on this server it told me this:
>=20
> =3D=3D=3D> sbin/ipf/ipf (obj)
> mkdir: /usr/obj/usr/src/sbin/ipf/ipf: File exists
> *** Error code 1
>=20
> Stop in /usr/src/sbin/ipf/ipf.
>=20
>=20
> What do I do wrong this time?
>=20
NO_CLEAN builds are NOT guaranteed to work.  They work most of the
time, but they "rely" on the source tree not being changed a lot,
in ways that obfuscate make(1).  In this particular case, it may
even have caused by using a regular (cleaning) build, because the
type of the file in question has changed from "file" to "directory"
(or vice versa, I don't recall for sure).  Your action in this
case is to follow these steps:

1) Wipe out /usr/obj/usr/src.
2) Start a build (it can be a NO_CLEAN to save time, since there
   will be nothing to clean).

Cheers,
--=20
Ruslan Ermilov