Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 17:35:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Marvin McNett <mmcnett@ucsd.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vmware serial connection

Yes, but that would be through an actual physical connection.  It seems to
be a bit different establishing such a connection with a virtual machine
running on top of my OS.  I've tried using /dev/cuaa0 as the device in the
configuration editor, but it didn't seem to work.  On the other hand, I'm
not sure if I'm properly testing to see that the serial connection has
been established (I tried minicom to no avail).  Perhaps someone could
tell me how to do that as well.  Is it possible to simply cat a file to
the device on one end and read it on the other?  If so, how?

Thanks,
Marvin