Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 05:29:27 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        thecatm@yahoo.com (Mushroom TheCat)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.0 Stability

On 23 Mar 2000 22:27:39 -0500, in sentex.lists.freebsd.questions you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Please don't flame me for asking, but should I expect
>4.0-Release to be stable.

It has been very stable for us, as well as a number of people.

>I know there is a difference
>between stable and release.  It's just that I have
>just had to back down to 3.4 Release because I
>couldn't get a whole raft of components to build
>properly or get the sysinstall program to download
>selected distributions.

If you tell the list what specific problems you are having/had, then
perhaps someone can point out where you went wrong, or fix the bug if it is
indeed a bug.

>It kept crashing with an FTP problem. (Connection in
>wrong state!)

Are you behind a firewall ?

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)
Sentex Communications Corp,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)