Date:      Fri, 7 Dec 2018 11:12:42 -0800
From:      Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>
To:        Robert <robert.ayrapetyan@gmail.com>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New virtual (physical?) ports category: blockchain

On 12/6/18 5:28 PM, Robert wrote:
> So most of blockchain implementations and related libs reside in
> finance\net-p2p categories, I think neither of these sounds as a good
> category name.
>
> So I propose to move them into a separate category and name it:
> blockchain (tada).
>
> The list of candidates we already have is definitely larger than
> vietnamese\ukrainian etc so maybe worth a separate physical category?
> (though not as large as x11-clocks yet but I believe much more is
> coming...).

wow that's more ports than I had realized were available, and i think it
would be something that would help me personally.  The only nit I have
is that many of these seem to be crypto-currency specific.  Reason I
mention it is I think we'll see more blockchain tools come out that
don't necessarily deal with crypto-currencies.

Although it's a pretty silly differentiation to make that most people
won't really care about :)  +1 from me!

-pete

--
Pete Wright