Date:      Fri, 10 Sep 1999 12:11:54 -0400
From:      Joe Mays <jfmays@launchpad.win.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Reboot - time changed

We've had a couple of strange occurrences here lately that I wanted to ask
about. A couple of weeks ago we had a machine reboot, and when it came back the
date on the machine had changed to the last day of the previous month. I did a
number of checks on the machine, including running md5checksums on the binaries
against a table on another machine, etc, everything seemed fine. A couple of
days ago we had another machine reboot and come back with a different time -- in
this case the date had been changed to the same day of the month, but the month
was January. Again, things seem fine on the machine otherwise. Has anyone seen
this before, and does this sound like any kind of security problem?

Joe Mays