Date:      Thu, 30 Jul 1998 23:42:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike Jeays <jeays@statcan.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Soundblaster 16 problem

I have installed a SoundBlaster 16, and, judging by the good performance
under another operating system :-(, it is physically OK.  Under FreeBSD
2.2.6, I get the following DMESG output, with the kernel config options
also shown below.

The card gives brief bursts of sound only, using splay, amp and various
other utilities.  Any ideas, please? I presume I have an IRQ conflict,
and would like advice on how to track it down and fix it.

sb0 at 0x220 irq 7 drq 1 on isa
sb0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.13>
sbxvi0 at 0x0 drq 5 on isa
sbxvi0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.13>
sbmidi0 at 0x330 on isa
 <SoundBlaster MPU-401>
Intel Pentium F00F detected, installing workaround
Sound: DMA timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?
Sound: DMA timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?
Sound: DMA timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?
Sound: DMA timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?
Sound: DMA timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?

# Added 1998-07-19 TMJ
controller      pnp0
controller      snd0
device sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 7 conflicts drq 1 vector sbintr
device sbxvi0   at isa? drq 5
device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x330