Date:      Mon, 17 Sep 2001 03:15:30 -0700
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Simon L . Nielsen" <simon@nitro.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-binup@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 10:14:28PM +0200, Simon L . Nielsen wrote:
> I can see that there hasn't really been much traffic here, so what's the=
=20
> status of the project?

  Unfortunately the anoncvs server is down at the moment but I hope to
get that cleared up sometime today so that more people can get at the
code.  For the time being, you can just download a snapshot of the
code from :

http://people.freebsd.org/~murray/updated.tgz

  The best place to start is probably the binary updater project page,
available online at :

http://www.freebsd.org/projects/updater.html

  As you can see there is still a lot of work that needs to be done.
Eric Melville has done most of the work on the client to date while
I've done most of the work on the server.  One of the most important
tasks that still needs to be done is splitting up his client into a
separate library so that the command line client and Tcl/Tk client can
be developed independently.

  What we need more than anything right now is for motivated people to
step in and start hacking! ;)

     - Murray

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd--