Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 2002 10:22:29 -0500
From:      "Kirk R. Wythers" <wythe001@tc.umn.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   dual boot install

I have a dual boot redhat/win98 box at home that I boot with lilo. I'd like
to replace redhat with freebsd. My main concern is getting rid of lilo, so
that I can use the freebsd bootloader to choose between windows and freesd.
I'm not sure how a freebsd install will treat lilo. Will the freebsd simply
overwrite lilo and alow me to choose between windows and freebsd? or creat
some crazy double boot loader situation?

I'm looking for a little wisdom regarding how to prepare for a freebsd
install with out messing up the windows partitions (C and D with a ext2
linux partion between them). Should I reinstall the windows bootloader
first?

Thanks

Kirk