Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 2000 04:16:24 -0300
From:      "Conrado Vardanega" <cvarda@ig.com.br>
To:        <freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org>
Subject:   fwd

Hi.

I'm planning to setup a firewall with TWO internet connectionseach one to a
different backbone.

This system will have three incoming interfaces (users acessing internet)
and two outgoing interfaces (connected to the routers). My questions:

1. According to my conclusions on reading ipfw's manpages, I can control
through what connection each network is going out.
2. Is 1 is OK, does the TWO outgoing interfaces have to  be set as default
routes, considering that both goes to internet?
3. Assuming that all this is OK, consider the following situation:

   An ipfw rule is set to allow incoming connections with "keep-state"
option (passing through the firewall), that is, using dynamic rules. How the
outgoing packets are going to be handled at the firewall? Does it some
"dynamically" forward to the proper interface?

If anyone has a setup like this, please let me know. Thanks.

Conrado