Date:      Mon, 3 Jun 2002 12:14:52 +0200
From:      "a.s.gruner" <plankalkuel@encephalon.de>
To:        Andre LeClaire <leclaire@switzcpl.lib.in.us>
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipfw+natd+ppp problem

Hi.

> I'm not sure about ppp, but natd works great with pppd. However,
> it looks to me like you need a "divert natd" rule in your firewall

Thats it. I just did not see that, or, it was not described that you
need it to use ppp+natd. Thanks.
Maybe you can help me with another questions, is it able that the
windows box activates the ppp, so that ppp on the freebsd box is dialing
the number of the provider ? So, right now, i have to dial on the
freebsd box, and after that the windows box can connect. So can i dial
from the windows box (the modem is conected to freebsd box). I dont want
a permanent connection, just if i need it.

asg