Date:      Sat, 5 Aug 2000 12:49:38 +0800 (PHT)
From:      "Francis A. Vidal" <francis@usls.edu>
To:        "Forrest W. Christian" <forrestc@imach.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD ISP <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: V.90 modems (Was: Cyclades Z series vs. Cisco 2600)

---- Quoting Forrest W. Christian's message, sent 08/04/00 1:01pm ----

> > What other tweakings (to the router) do you do to maximize the modems
> > on the ISP end?
>
> I don't necessarily know of any resources for you, but I just
> wanted to make sure you were aware that in order to get 56K
> connections, you MUST either use a ISDN or T1 (or other digital
> method) from the modem to the switch.

Thanks for the reminder.

> If you have one standard 56K modem call another, the most you are
> going to get is 33.6.  This is one of the reasons I recommended
> the Portmaster.  If you were looking for a 56K solution, there is
> a whole different set of solutions.

My problem is: I can't connect higher than 28.8. I'll try disabling
V.90 and use V.34 and see if the connection improves. Do you have init
strings that I can use?

--
francis vidal	university of st. la salle, bacolod city, philippines
. . . . . . .	PGP key available via e-mail / subject: get PGP key