Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 2006 23:11:30 GMT
From:      David LeCount <snailboy1@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   amd64/103918: LSI 53C1030 SCSI controller timing out on mpt driver

>Number:         103918
>Category:       amd64
>Synopsis:       LSI 53C1030 SCSI controller timing out on mpt driver
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I have a Tyan S2895 motherboard with an LSI 53C1030 U320 SCSI controller and a Hitachi 13,000 RPM drive attached. I am attempting to access the drive using the mpt driver. I have it compiled into my kernel. Whenever I have the controller enabled in CMOS and boot FreeBSD, it repeatedly gives the following error for about a minute:

mpt0: EvtLogData: IOCLogInfo: 0x110a0000
mpt0: EvtLogData: Event Data: 05020016

and then it finally stops with this error:

mpt0: Request 0xffffffff86ab7530 Timed Out.
mpt0: Attempting to Abort Req 0xffffffff8bab7530
mpt0: mpt_recover_commands: Abort timed-out. Resetting controller.

Then it starts over with the same errors but another request number. I'm forced to disable the controller and boot to my SATA drive.

I noticed someone else had previously submitted a very similar problem report for the i386 architecture, so I don't think it's specific to any processor class. This may be in the wrong category. The previous problem report has apparently been erased.