Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2000 21:45:33 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Shannon <shannon@widomaker.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux malloc better on FreeBSD than FreeBSD malloc?

Shannon <shannon@widomaker.com> types:
> Linux feels a lot faster as a workstation, but I'm currently of the
> opinion that FreeBSD is the superior load handler.

When I first started looking at Free unix systems, someone who had
worked fairly closely with both told me to expect that behavior. They
also gave me a reason: Linux design tradeoffs are towards makeing the
current process run faster; FreeBSD design tradeoffs are towards
making the system run faster.

	<mike