Date:      Sun, 13 May 2001 20:20:38 -0000
From:      "WebSec WebSec" <secure21st@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installation problems on M500D

Hi All,

Trying to install FreeBSD on Toshiba M500D   (Dual processor motherboard but
one PIII-500 installed)  I use a 30G Maxtot Harddrive. + DLink 550TX cards.
and (256MB + 64MB) of RAM.

Based on FreeBSD HAL it should be OK. But it is not. I have previously
installed FreeBSD in my home lab on 4-5 other machines 486DX and Pentium
Pros - works fine!.

My issues are:
after all partitions are defined and written the machine starts copying
files and stops at 2-3% of the first package. (I tried 2 different CD-ROM -
and no luck)
I also tried installing from FTP - same thing.

If I CTRL+ALT+DEL and skip to the next package, it picks-up many other
packages.

If I do not CTRL+ALT+DEL it shows write failure.

I did disable power management in BIOS and made sure there are no IRQ
conflicts, etc.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thank you