Date:      Sat, 10 Jul 1999 10:37:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <doemill@shocking.com>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Fixed! | Re: IDE Disk/Controller dead?

Hey
Thganks for the reply, Ill buy more memory..
I got it running last night, its the weirdest thing too, I took the hard
drive out, and I saw the jumper was in slave mode, So i put it in master,
stuck it back in and started up, I got "HDD: Controller Failure: F1 to
RESUME", SO i pressed f1 and booted the 3.2-release install floppy,
everything probes normally and I then installed it via nfs, when i went to
boot it, I got the same error, So i tok the drive out and switched it to
slave, It wouldnt even start to boot the kernel, SO I put it back in slave
mode, and pressed the space bar before it booted so I could drop to a boot
prompt, I then took the case off and put the jumper back to master, THen
typed 'boot', and it works perfectly, weird...