Date:      Fri, 2 Dec 2011 15:40:21 -0500
From:      "After 50 News Weekly / Niagara" <rnw@niagara.retirementnewsweekly.ca>
To:        "freebsd-stable" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   After 50 News Weekly / Niagara

After 50 News Weekly / Niagara
=20

Dec 2nd, 2011 - Vol. 2: Issue 33Last Month's Readers: 27,103

LOCAL NEWS
DEER PARK VILLA BREAKS GROUND

A sod turning ceremony marked the beginning of the redevelopment of De=
er Park villa, the long-term care home operated by the Niagara Region =
in Grimsby last week.
The $8.6 million redevelopment project will see the home replaced with=
 a new 40-bed facility that features private and semi-private rooms, r=
eplacing 4-bed rooms in the current facility; New and expanded residen=
t common areas, including a cafe, family rooms and a chapel; Provision=
 for the future addition of 20 beds, for a total of 60 beds, to meet t=
he anticipated increase in demand for long-term care in West Niagara
The new home will be built by Niagara-based Brouwer Construction Ltd. =
The project completion date is February 2013.=20
=2E.. read more

NATIONAL NEWS
CANADA INVESTS IN CLEAN AIR
On Monday, Environment Minister Peter Kent and Veterans
=2E.. read more

INTERNATIONAL NEWS
FOUR YEARS BEHIND BARS FOR DR. CONRAD MURRAY=20
Dr. Conrad Murray, the man convicted in the
=2E.. read more

COLUMNIST
ACT YOUR AGE =E2=80=A6 BARGAIN HUNTING AT A FLEA MARKET=20
There is a certain, unmatchable thrill in finding a good bargain. Perh=
aps the enjoyment dates back to our earlier years as hunters and=20
=2E.. read more

SPORTS
TIGER WOODS LOOKS LIKE HE'S GOT HIS GAME BACK
Heading into this week's Chevron World Challenge, Woods has a what can=
 only be described as a noticeable glint in his eyes.=20
=2E.. read more

LIFESTYLE
GET YOUR GROOVE ON: DANCE!
Think back to when you were younger. Remember when your favourite song=
 would come on the radio? Not only would you sing along but you'd get =
a little swagger=20
=2E.. read more

FEATURES
ASK DOREEN=20
What are your qualifications? I have been a licensed realtor since 198=
5, selling and servicing real estate needs in the region =E2=80=93 NOT=
L, Niagara Falls, Fort Erie, St. Catharines, both in resales and new h=
ome=20
=2E.. read more

ENVIRONMENT
THE SHIRT'S JOURNEY =E2=80=93 DOESN'T HAVE TO END IN A LANDFILL
It's easy, you head into your favourite large chain store to buy a shi=
rt to go with the brand name pants you bought at another large chain s=
tore.
=2E.. read more

THIS WEEK IN HISTORY
DECEMBER 5 =E2=80=93 DECEMBER 9=20
The #1 song this week in 1987 was Belinda Carlisle's "Heaven Is a Plac=
e on Earth." December 5 Today is Bathtub Party Day! On this day in: 19=
32 =E2=80=93 Albert Einstein is=20
=2E.. read more

SPIN THE GLOBE
ST. LUCIA:TROPICAL PARADISE=20
It snowed today. I don't know about you, but I would rather not see sn=
ow. At all. Unfortunately, not many of us have the good fortune to be =
able to get away from=20
=2E.. read more

FIFTY & FABULOUS
FALL/WINTER TREND REPORT
   =20
Winter is around the corner thus marking the beginning of yet another =
fashion season =E2=80=94 fall/winter. With the ever-changing world of =
fashion it can be impossible to keep up with the "it" trend and which,=
 if any will work for you. Here we have hand-picked the top 5 trends o=
f the season with high-fashion impact without the high-fashion price t=
ag!

Leopard in particular has been making itself known in the=20
=2E.. read more

YOUR RETIREMENT
STAYING HOME=20
The Ontario government recently announced that a proposed Healthy Home=
s Renovation Tax Credit is in the works. If it passes not only=20
=2E.. read more

EDITOR'S LETTER
SHOP SMART THIS HOLIDAY SEASON=20
December has finally arrived and if you're like me, it means its time =
to start your Christmas shopping! I would be lying if I said I hadn't =
started but in reality, I still have over 75% of my list left to buy f=
or! I have become
=2E.. read more

After 50 News Weekly
is a resource tool for the 50-plus active lifestyle community in Niaga=
ra. We provide you with up-to-date information on retirement, news and=
 local events, all at your fingertips! If there is a topic you would l=
ike us to feature or if you have any questions or comments, please Con=
tact Us. For our advertising rates, please contact Graham Pomeroy at g=
raham@pomeroynewscorp.ca or call directly at 905-988-9339.
Sincerely,
Victoria Lewis, Director of Operations=20

Please do not reply to this email. Replies to this email will not be r=
esponded to or read. If you have any questions or comments, contact us=
 by email at info@pomeroynewscorp.
Cancel your subscription:
UNSUBSCRIBE Sends us a news tip:
newsroom@after50newsweekly.caTo Submit an Event: