Date:      Wed, 9 Jul 2003 16:52:09 +0000 (UTC)
From:      othermark <atkin901@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   lpt.c spams the log

I have an older machine at home with a ECP/EPP capable lpt port.
On bootup I run `lptcontrol -e` to enable extended mode, however,
I recieve thousands of these messages eminating from lpt.c:788

log(LOG_NOTICE, LPT_NAME "%d: advanced mode not avail, polling\n",
unit);

mainly because this statement is in a loop running thru the buffer.

would it be appropriate to turn off extended mode at this point, or is
there a reason to leave it on for the rest of the buffer?

 			case EINVAL:
 				/* advanced mode not avail */
 				log(LOG_NOTICE, LPT_NAME "%d: advanced mode not avail, polling\n", unit);
 				break;
 			default:
 				return(err);
---