Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 2000 15:11:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Damon Hammis <squirrel@hammis.com>
To:        Boucher Eric <eric.boucher24@sympatico.ca>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: configuring the modem

If you have the manual for it you should see if you can set the proper IRQ
and COM ports on it manually.  If you don't have the manual for it then I
would suggest visiting USR's website to find out that information.

If it's a plug and play modem then I think that you can configure it by
using the pnpinfo command and loading the config into kernel.conf, but I'm
nto sure the exact way to handle that.

There is more info here http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/book.html in regards to
what you are looking for.  Do a search through that page for pnp and there
should be some info that can help.

--Damon