Date:      Tue, 28 Jul 1998 19:59:32 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Any procmail experts here?

We have dozens of users who might get bit by the MIME filename buffer
overflow bug described at

http://www.sjmercury.com/business/microsoft/docs/security0728.htm

and would like to try to use procmail to plug the hole (it seems to be the
best tool for the job). However, I have no experience with procmail. Could
someone help me write a procmail.rc that will eliminate the extra-long
filenames, truncating them back to (say) 64 characters max? All that's
required is to recognize the Content-type: .... filename="<name>" header
and make sure that <name> is chopped if it's too long.

This would be a fix for which thousands of sysadmins would be exceedinglyy
grateful.

--Brett