Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 17:04:37 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        Shaun Jurrens <shaun@shamz.net>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sysinstall specification (was: build tools as...)

> A generally recognized method of solving complex problems is to
> subdivide them into manageable parts.  Modularity in programming,
> design, and problem solving have enough aspects in common, that this
> little treatise might help.  My suggestion is simply that those
> "fathers" of the current sysinstaller make the design of a new
> sysinstaller simpler to those not possessing the years of experience
> with the pitfalls of the gradual "monster" now known as sysinstall

A good suggestion, and one I've just taken to heart in a 5000+ word
document I just posted to hackers@freebsd.org and cc'd to
committers@freebsd.org.  If others would like to see it here and/or
would like a personal copy, just let me know - I'm loath to post such
a large document to too many places and arch has always had a somewhat
limited readership.

- Jordan