Date:      Fri, 17 May 2002 18:58:29 +0200
From:      luc <luc@2113.ch>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   tracking stable .. getting 4.6R ...

Hello all,
#       cvsup stable-supfile
*default host=cvsup.nl.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/nobackup/unix/FreeBSD-stable
*default prefix=/nobackup/unix/FreeBSD-stable
# The following line is for 4-stable.  If you want 3-stable or 2.2-stable,
# change "RELENG_4" to "RELENG_3" or "RELENG_2_2" respectively.
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4
*default delete use-rel-suffix

# If your network link is a T1 or faster, comment out the following line.
*default compress
src-all

/usr/local/bin/cvsup /etc/stable-supfile
buildworld
and surpise:
> uname -a
FreeBSD filou 4.6-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 4.6-PRERELEASE #2:
Sun May 12 12:49:14 CEST 2002     root@filou:/sys/compile/filou  i386

why do I have a 4.6 PRERELEASE while I am tracking STABLE ?
I think I have cvsuped RELEASE ? what's wrong ?

Thanks for help.
Luc