Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 1997 03:49:33 -0600
From:      Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh), jmb@freefall.freebsd.org, jlemon@americantv.com, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mail exploders...

> Warner Losh stands accused of saying:
> > In message <199704171634.JAA19155@freefall.freebsd.org> "Jonathan M. Bresler" writes:
> > :  49100 messages delayed   0 minutes
> > :   3863 messages delayed   1 minutes
> > :    214 messages delayed   2 minutes

    Speaking of delays, we just upgraded the machine that's acting as one
of the mail exploders for .net (mailhub.aros.net).  The old machine had
started to bog down in a big way, and has now been replaced by its big
0.06 load average brother.  This should reduce some of the potential
delays that mail from freebsd.org mailing lists is hitting.  If you
notice any problem (and you're getting mail in .net), please let me
know.

   Also, if someone wants to switch the exploder for us from
mailhub.aros.net to mars.aros.net, it'll help improve the time
a bit more.  At present mailhub forwards all of its mail on to
mars, but it still imposes a brief delay and inserts another hop.

   -Dave Andersen