Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 2014 13:37:18 +0100
From:      Borja Marcos <borjam@sarenet.es>
To:        Tom Evans <tevans.uk@googlemail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, Stable Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10, ServeRAID M5210e, syspd corruption

On Feb 14, 2014, at 2:44 PM, Tom Evans wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 12:44 PM, Borja Marcos <borjam@sarenet.es> =
wrote:
>> I am configuring an IBM server with FreeBSD 10-RELEASE, a ServeRAID =
M5210e and 23 SSD disks.
>>=20
>=20
> I'm afraid I have no solution to offer you for this issue, but with
> this setup an mps(8) card (LSI SAS2008 and similar) in IT (passthru)
> mode would work excellently.
>=20
> Maybe easier to change the card than struggle to get it to do
> something it doesn't want to?

Finally I purchased  an IBM M1015, reflashed it to the latest LSI "IT" =
firmware, and I'll use the "Invader" card just to boot from the two back =
mounted disks in mirror.

Indeed, LSI2008 cards are the way to go. Unfortunately, cross-flashing =
them feels a bit kludgy although admittedly I've done even dirtier stuff =
:)

Thanks!

Borja.