Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:36:39 -0600
From:      "Donald J. O'Neill" <donaldj1066@fastmail.fm>
To:        Gert Cuykens <gert.cuykens@gmail.com>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: perl and ports

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 01:00 pm, Gert Cuykens wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:33:25 -0600, Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
wrote:
> > --On Tuesday, January 25, 2005 09:26:07 AM +0100 Gert Cuykens
> >
> > <gert.cuykens@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > this is what i dont understand only need perl to compile it ?
> > >
> > > so some pakeges need perl to compile and some dont ? why not make
> > > them all perl independent ?
> >
> > This shouldn't be too hard to do.  All you have to do is contact
> > the developers for the 40,000+ different ports and ask them to
> > please stop using perl.  Once they all comply, the FreeBSD port
> > maintainers can eliminate perl.  (Course I'll be pissed, because I
> > use perl a lot.)
> >
> > Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
> > Adjunct Information Security Officer
> > The University of Texas at Dallas
> > AVIEN Founding Member
> > http://www.utdallas.edu
>
> I will start with the cvsup developer :P

Well, I'm sitting here thinking this is pretty humorous. I don't know if
you're serious, or if this is somewhat of comic statement. I guess it
doesn't matter, I just find it humorous.

By the way, what have you decided to do about perl? Other than start
with the cvsup developer?

Don

--
Donald J. O'Neill