Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 20:35:36 +0200
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        Lee_Shackelford@dot.ca.gov, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Partitioning a RAID drive

Hi Lee_Shackelford@dot.ca.gov!

On 12 Mar 02 at 16:14 you wrote:

> Is there any information posted, and if so, by what research process
> might I find it, on the technique of partitioning (or slicing) a RAID
> drive array. The RAID is implemented in hardware.

If you have hardware RAID controller that is supported by FreeBSD then
slicing the RAID array should be no different from slicing any regular
hard drive.

To find out if your RAID controller is supported by FreeBSD, see
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.5R/hardware.html (assuming you're
using FreeBSD 4.5) or the HARDWARE.TXT file on the CD (assuming you
have one).

To find out how to slice the drive, see chapter 2.5 of the
handbook (online at www.freebsd.org).
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* I've got a life but it won't run on my operating system.