Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2006 17:06:06 -0500
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        "Gelsema, P (Patrick) - FreeBSD" <freebsd@superhero.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make.conf FreeBSD 6.2 RC1

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh

On Sun, Nov 19, 2006 at 10:58:06PM +0100, Gelsema, P (Patrick) - FreeBSD wr=
ote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I've recently installed 6.2-Beta3 and got KDE working with Xorg. As RC1 is
> now released I want to upgrade to this version as I have been witnessing
> some kernel errors and also want to 'play' with the system.
>=20
> I've installed Xorg and KDE from the ports.
>=20
> I am currently creating a make.conf file which should build the world but
> nothing more than required. I have come up with the following but I am
> unsure if certain lines shouldn't be commented out.
> Such as NO_X. As I have build Xorg from the port, should I not build it
> with the world?

The only thing in the world that was affected by NO_X was doscmd (per
the command), but this was removed from the tree some time ago.

In fact, so was the NO_X entry from the example make.conf, so I guess
you're basing off an old version.

Kris
--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh--