Date:      Wed, 7 Apr 1999 00:27:45 -0400
From:      "Brett G. Castleberry" <bcc9746@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
To:        <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
Cc:        <newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: The FreeBSD Diary - how to guides

How much is too much?  Most of what I'm seeing on FreeBSD/ Questions is over
my head and almost discouraging.  I've been a bookman all my life, a
pressman, a bookseller, and for the last ten years, a librarian.  When I
returned to school for a masters degree a couple of years ago, my program
was called "Library Science".  Now it's called "Information Studies", and IT
students (along with their tuition fees) are pouring in, at this point
outnumbering LS students.  Those of us who are dedicated to providing public
access to useful information are scrambling to learn how to find and use
digital resources.  In addition, as I've become acquainted with unix I have
realized that our own library automation system operates on top of unix.
So, I want FreeBSD to play and learn with.  Perhaps I can connect  my
FreeBSD 486 to my Win98 box and learn about networking too.  I sense in your
free OS project a spirit akin to that of the public librarian, and I salute
you.

Brett Castleberry
bcc9746@garnet.acns.fsu.edu