Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 1996 14:06:25 -0700 (MST)
From:      Stephen Fisher <lithium@cia-g.com>
To:        Jim Shankland <jas@flyingfox.COM>
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee, hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 3COM 509 NICs

Speaking of which, last night when playing with the kernel compile on my
home test machine I saw that it said 3c509 ethernet card support is still
buggy.  I agree with this in that it only finds my 3c509 (the generic
kernel) half the time when booting that machine.  I was about to grab a
3c509 for my new server... a PCI card.. are the 3com PCI cards 3c509 or
something else?