Date:      Fri, 30 Nov 2007 06:55:47 -0800
From:      Michael Smith <mksmith@adhost.com>
To:        Jack Raats <jack@jarasoft.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: serious problems

Hello Jack:

On Nov 29, 2007, at 10:48 PM, Jack Raats wrote:

> Hi
>
> While running make installworld my computer crashed. (FreeBSD 6.2-p9
> kernel)
> At this moment the system misses some of the elf libs. Running in
> single user mode and running make installworld again gives all kind
> of errors
>
> Any leads to solve this problem??
>
> Jack

Right out of the handbook.

23.4.14.6. What do I do if something goes wrong?

Make absolutely sure your environment has no extraneous cruft from
earlier builds. This is simple enough.

# chflags -R noschg /usr/obj/usr
# rm -rf /usr/obj/usr
# cd /usr/src
# make cleandir
# make cleandir
Yes, make cleandir really should be run twice.

Then restart the whole process, starting with make buildworld.

</quote>

Regards,

Mike