Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 1998 20:16:35 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        sfarrell+lists@farrell.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RealVideo Player

--0-1804289383-892689401=:843

On 15 Apr, sfarrell+lists@farrell.org wrote:
> Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com> writes:
>
>> Wish I could say the same.  I have an SB 16, the stock sound driver,
>> and the Linux lkm linked into my kernel, and nada from the 5.0 player.
>>
>> Guess it will take some hair loss secessions to get it running.
>
> I've had it working fine with both the stock driver and luigi's.
> sb16, 2.2.5 and 2.2.6.
>
> There must be someting else going on here...
>
> --
>
> Steve Farrell

I re-installed the rvplayer from a fresh download and the results are
the same.  The rvplayer comes up OK, but it will not play the
welcome.ram.  When I attempt to play a sound byte it errors out with
"cannot open audio device"  When I last did the make world on 4/14/98 I
made the audio devices in the new /dev using sh MAKEDEV snd0.  Is there
a difference in whether snd0 or snd1 is used?

Enclosed are the relevent portions of dmesg output and kernel config.
BTW, running 2.2.6 -stable

Any help is much appreciated.

Frank

Copyright (c) 1992-1998 FreeBSD Inc.
Copyright (c) 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
	The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.

FreeBSD 2.2.6-STABLE #0: Tue Apr 14 21:18:28 CDT 1998
    root@darkstar.connect.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/NEWKERNEL
CPU: Pentium (132.96-MHz 586-class CPU)
  Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0x52c  Stepping=12
  Features=0x1bf<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,MCE,CX8>
real memory  = 67108864 (65536K bytes)
avail memory = 63344640 (61860K bytes)

sb0 at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 on isa
sb0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.13>
sbmidi0 at 0x330 on isa
 <SoundBlaster MPU-401>
sbxvi0 at 0x0 drq 5 on isa
sbxvi0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.13>
opl0 at 0x338 on isa
opl0: <Yamaha OPL-3 FM>
npx0 on motherboard
npx0: INT 16 interface
Intel Pentium F00F detected, installing workaround

controller	snd0

#device		pcm0 at isa? port? tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15 vector
#pcmintr

device		sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr
device		sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330
device		sbxvi0 at isa? drq 5
options		"SBC_IRQ5"
options		"SB16_LDMA=1"
options		"SB16_HDMA=5"
device		opl0 at isa? port 0x338

#device		mpu0 at isa? port 0x330 irq 5 drq 0

--

"At no time is freedom of speech more precious then when a man hits his
thumb with a hammer."

		-- Marshall Lumsden

--0-1804289383-892689401=:843

[...]

--0-1804289383-892689401=:843--