Date:      Mon, 7 May 2001 14:11:31 -0400
From:      Jeff Neuffer <jneuffer@nscom.com>
To:        "'freebsd-isp@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Intel PRO/100 "teaming"

I ran this question through the questions@freebsd.org list and thought =
would also run it through here.  I have not found any information yet o=
n the
below.

Has anyone or does anyone know if the Intel PRO/100 NICS can be used in=

"teaming mode" under FreeBSD?

Here is a link to explain the features I would like to use.  Actually w=
_need_ these features and our platform of choice is FreeBSD.
http://www.intel.com/network/products/pro100s_srvr_adapter.htm

In summary I'm looking for these features under FreeBSD with the Intel =
NICs,

-- Scalable Bandwidth
Aggregate bandwidth up to 1.6Gbps, and establish automatic redundant
connections using any combination of Intel=AE Server Adapters or LOM
connections
-- Adaptive Load Balancing
Up to 800 Mbps
-- Adapter Fault Tolerance
Increase uptime with automatic redundant links
-- Mixed-adapter Teaming/Mixed-speed Teaming
Team combinations of Intel=AE PRO/100 and PRO/1000 Server Adapters or
LAN-on-motherboard components for increased flexibility in failover
situations

Thanks for any ideas and help on where to find information.