Date:      Fri, 20 Oct 2000 03:41:19 GMT
From:      "Eric Osterweil" <eosterweil@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Why does chflags cause make install to fail?

I needed to recompile my kernal (to enable natd) in freeBSD 4.1.1-stable,
and when I run make install I get an error telling me that the "chflags
noschg /kernal" command is not allowed.  Then the "mv /kernal /kernal.old"
fails and dumps the install process.

I cannot find any reference to this on the freeBSD.org site.  I also tried
to run "chflags nouchg /kernal", but it also fails.  Is there something else
I should try?

Thanks,

Eric