Date:      Fri, 23 Mar 2007 16:02:46 +0100
From:      Frank Staals <frankstaals@gmx.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   GTK filedialog crashes Firefox/Thunderbird

It seems that I'm having problems (again) with the GTK filedialog in
Firefox/Thunderbird. It happens when saving or opening a file in Firefox
or thunderbird resulting in a crash. What to do:

- Open Firefox
- Save a file, the save-file dialog comes up, Save or cancel it.
- Save a file, when the file dialog comes up, file dialog hangs and
after a second or something firefox crashes

Same thing happens when trying to open a file using the file dialog a
second time, and same for thunderbird: The second time the GTK file
dialog comes up it seems to crash firefox or thunderbird.

When I was running firefox-1.5 there was the exact same problem which
was fixed in one of the developement releases and when first running
Fx-2 I didn't have any problems with it either. I checked in the gimp
and geany if there were problems with the file dialog but it worked fine
in those programs. Has anyone else problems with this ?

running:

frank@Riza$ uname -rs
FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE

frank@Riza$ pkg_info | grep firefox
firefox-2.0.0.2,1   Web browser based on the browser portion of Mozilla
frank@Riza$ pkg_info | grep thunderbird
thunderbird-1.5.0.10 Mozilla Thunderbird is standalone mail and news
that stands

frank@Riza$ pkg_info -rx thunderbird | grep gtk
Dependency: gtk-2.10.10
frank@Riza$ pkg_info -rx firefox | grep gtk
Dependency: gtk-2.10.10

frank@Riza$ pkg_info | grep gtk
<snip>
gtk-2.10.10         Gimp Toolkit for X11 GUI (current stable version)
<snip>

--
-Frank Staals