Date:      Thu, 7 Nov 2002 19:59:48 +0200
From:      "Ian Barnes" <ian@cerebellum.za.net>
To:        "Alvaro Rosales R." <aran80@wintersperu.com.pe>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: NATD HELP

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG]On Behalf Of Alvaro Rosales
R.
Sent: 07 November 2002 07:41 PM
To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: NATD HELP

Im trying to set up natd in my FreeBSD BOX, I have read the NAT
portion of the hand book but I still need some help.
this is my environment
10.10.1.2 (internal ip address of my wkstation)
200.37.53.22 (this the natd box external  IP address)
10.10.1.1 (internal address of the natd box, is the default gw of the
wstation))
When I run this command
natd -redirect_address 10.10.1.2 200.37.53.22
I get this message
natd: aliasing address not given.Do I have to make

--------

Hi,

Have you compiled all that needs to be compiled into your kernel? ?

If so, try this: #natd -interface <nec connected to internet here>, without
any redirects unless your workstation is going to host websites or something
like that. Also make sure you have set your firewall accordingly.

Hope that helps
Ian