Date:      Tue, 7 Jan 2003 03:34:18 +0100
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <P.Dawidek@prioris.mini.pw.edu.pl>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Caching [sugestion].

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 04:58:16PM -0800, Julian Elischer wrote:
+> > 	We want to permit those operations:
+> > 	- opening file /etc/master.passwd for read only,
+> > 	- opening files that match to /tmp/temp.*  for write,
+> > 	- changing mode of files /tmp/temp.* to '0666', BUT via fchmod(2).
+> >
+> > 	How to do that correct?
+> > 	There is no chance to do this in simple, clean way.
+>
+> you would have to attach a 'chmod capability' to the file descriptor
+> when you open it.. in other words it would be pre-decided at open time.
+>
+> Even if you remembered what name was used when you openned it you would
+> have no proof that it still had that name when you do the chmod.

Right! But that's ok. Look at rules - I just nedd to know file name when
file was opened. I was thinking to add to my ugly way catching rename(2)
and changing cached file name, but this is really unnecessary. It's even
better that file name isn't updated on rename(2).

--
Pawel Jakub Dawidek
UNIX Systems Administrator