Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 2006 13:38:53 -0700
From:      "Dan Bikle" <dan.bikle@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I need a freebsd 5.3 desktop server; recommendations?

Well folks,

I did a bit more looking around.

I found this:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3762910

specs:
CPU: AMD Sempron 3000+

It is so cheap I'm tempted to buy it and take the risk that
I could install a recent version of FreeBSD on it.

Since it comes with Linux installed on it,
I'm tempted to think that the interface cards for the Video
and the keyboard, and the mouse are a common variety.

I have a question for any of you who have done a lot of FreeBSD installs
on a variety of hardware...
Would you gamble $368 that you could get FreeBSD installed on this thing?

-Dan