Date:      Wed, 07 Aug 1996 15:24:36 -0400
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@freebsd.org>
To:        Rohit Dube <rohit@cs.UMD.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Port of UCD SNMP (3.1) to FreeBSD 2.1

Rohit Dube wrote in message ID
<199608071915.PAA15332@seine.cs.UMD.EDU>:
> Exactly what didn't make sense? I would be happy to clarify ....

To quote you:

-- SNIP --
Hi,

I have the 2.1.0 CD and I have been looking at the SNMP stuff there.
Can you update me on the latest state of the SNMP code (The FreeBSD
code points to some UC Davis code and I am not sure how that is
different from what came with the CD).

Is there more documentation available on setting up the SNMP agent daemon
along with SNMP Manager module? For starters I just wanted to get the
UDP MIB going to see if the code worked on my FreeBSD machine.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am looking to implement some of
the MIBs (Verion II) and would like to use any work that has already been
done.
-- SNIP --

I just read that first paragraph and looked confued and skipped it. It
doesn't really matter what the code base we use is, as the ports
system patches it up to work on FreeBSD (hence the patches directory).

I haven't had a chance to work on UCD SNMP for a while, but I hope to
get in there and get some stuff tidied up soon.

> [I am looking for a working UCD SNMP 3.1 port to FreeBSD 2.1]

What isn't working about the existing one?

Gary