Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 1995 00:48:44 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Stephen Mathezer <mathezer@newera.ab.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mounting extended dos partitions

I just upgraded to 2.0.5 and am having trouble mounting my extended dos
partition.  I was able to do it on 2.0 by adding the number of sectors
per track to the offset and then decreasing by this number the size of
the partition.  I am however quite confused by the new naming in 2.0.5.

I finally found the partition I think I want to mount, but I have no
success.  How do I mount this parition ?

# mount -t msdos /dev/wd0s3 /mnt
msdos: mount: Invalid argument

# fdisk /dev/rwd0s3
fdisk: Can't get disk parameters on /dev/rwd0s3; supplying dummy ones
******* Working on device /dev/rwd0s3 *******
parameters extracted from in-core disklabel are:
cylinders=1 heads=1 sectors/track=1 (1 blks/cyl)

parameters to be used for BIOS calculations are:
cylinders=1 heads=1 sectors/track=1 (1 blks/cyl)

Warning: BIOS sector numbering starts with sector 1
Information from DOS bootblock is:
The data for partition 0 is:
sysid 6,(Primary 'big' DOS (> 32MB))
    start 44, size 362956 (177 Meg), flag 0