Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 10:59:07 -0500
From:      James Housley <jim@thehousleys.net>
To:        jkeith@monarch.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPFW + NATD Grouping

Jeremy Keith wrote:

> I'm currently using NATD and port forwarding into my internal home network.
> Is it possible to redirect incoming based on source?  eg.  My wife and I
> have PC Anywhere which we like to connect to our own computers.
>
> Is it possible that when my wife trys to connect from her work, it sees the
> ip she's coming from and redirects the pcanywhere port to her machine.  And
> when I connect from my work it redirects it to my computer becuase of my
> source?

Yes it is.

> I realize I could add another public IP on the box and do it that way, but
> I'm wondering if theres a way to do this with one IP?

The better solutions is to have each of the PCAnywheres listening on a
different port number.  Then just forward the correct port to the
correct machine.  I beleive this is talked about on the PC Anywhere
site.  I think searching on "firewall" might find what you are looking
for.

Jim
--
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  .