Date:      Thu, 19 Nov 1998 17:01:40 -0500
From:      Daniel Peter Morel <dpm@risca.com>
To:        Steven Yang <syang@directhit.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Adaptec Dual SCSI?

I'm doing same thing with same hardware right now as well.  I have a
similar problem.  FreeBSD detects the disks no problem except I can not
seem to boot, everytime I install I get a message saying no operating
system detected.  I have been told that there can be problems with the
BIOS translation with the disk and that a DOS partition is needed to
communicate properly so the correct geometry is detected by the
mini-kernel for the installation.  I tried doing this but still no luck.
Any ideas,

Daniel Morel
Network Administrator
Reteurs Canada